If you know much about Red Box or BBE, you know the selection isn't always the greatest. So we've been branching out a bit to try movies we wouldn't otherwise select. To our surprise, we've hit three for three the past few weeks!
Loved 'em!

Dear, John

Did You Hear About the Morgans?

My Sister's Keeper
Lately, I've realized just how much a few routines in life can ground me and keep me filled up. I'm a planner but a loose one. I like to have a few things in place to give my weeks and days some structure but do not like everyday planned out with no freedom for variety or flexibility (that drains the life right out of me!). It's a tricky balance to strike sometimes. But I was amazed this morning when I woke up feeling like I'd had a shot of life from our little Friday night routine. Although I love the freedom of Summer and thoroughly enjoy some days with no agenda I realize it begins to wear on me about Month #2 (that would be NOW for those of you not counting! :)) and I begin to long for more routine. This is the time I need to guard some of my lifegiving routines the most...early mornings with my coffee, Bible and journal; quiet room time for all (including Mommy!) a couple of afternoons each week; a phone conversation or coffee with a friend; a good DVR'd show or two along the way; a good long walk or bike ride. I'm so thankful for the little ways God refreshes me along the way. Ways that seemingly have nothing to do with Him but in my heart I know those little gifts come straight from His hand just for me...even Friday Night Flicks! :)
"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights..." James 1:17 (NASB).
I totally agree with this!!! those "small" routines are "small" graces to us...we love Friday night movies in bed too...I am slowly turning our bedroom into a hotel suite (I am not kidding!!)...a place with hot or cold drinks, movies, comfy chairs, drawers with goodies...a RETREAT from the craziness of 5 kids with older ones who go to bed late and little ones that get up early!
ReplyDelete