Last week I tried this new recipe and it was DElicious so I thought I'd share. I THINK it came from a Rachel Ray Cookbook...30 Minute Meals, maybe? Last September I had the privilege of making a trip to VA and NC to see two dear friends, who both happen to be terrific cooks! I was in a cooking slump, myself, so as I lounged at their homes kid free I perused THEIR recipes and cookbooks and brought some fresh ideas home. That's where this one came from. Handwritten on Laura's Cape Cod picturesque notepad paper. :) As a slight and random tangent...I am MUCH more motivated to cook from a handwritten recipe or a cookbook w/stained pages. But back to the point. I served this last week on a bed of Spring Mix with a side of garlic bread and finished off the meal with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. It was a perfect summer supper so I thought I'd share!

Chicken Caprese Salad
4 pieces boneless chicken breast
2 to 3 tsp Balsamic vinegar
8 slices firm tomato
8 leaves fresh basil
8 slices fresh mozarella
Extra virgin Olive oil
Black pepper and Kosher salt
Heat griddle pan over med. heat. Rub chicken w/Balsamic vinegar to tenderize. Cook chicken 4min. on each side. Splash pan with a little water and rub chicken around to pick up flavor and color from the pan. Remove from heat and let stand for 5min. to room temperature. Top with layer of tomato, basil, and mozzarella, using 2 pieces of each. Drizzle entire dish w/Olive oil (I drizzled w/more Balsamic vinegar as well). Top w/black pepper and salt to taste. Serves up to 4.
YUMMMMMMM
ReplyDelete