Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Ok, so yesterday Grease, the movie, was re-released on the big screen in a few select cities (mine included). And I have to say I can just hardly contain my excitement! I so clearly remember going to the theater to see it in 1978 with my mom and sister and heading to Wal-mart afterwards to buy the EIGHT TRACK!!, yes, the eight track, folks. (We won't even get into why in the world I was allowed to see that movie at 7yrs. old!!!). I also vividly remember wearing a mustard gold T-shirt with this picture:


plastered on the front of it for picture day in 2nd grade. (It may have been for my "reflection picture". Anyone remember those? The picture of yourself and then a creepy version of yourself up in the corner staring down at the original pic?!? Whose idea was that anyway?!? Eeek!). I digress. I'm DYING to see this on the big screen before it leaves in two weeks but must find a movie companion who will appreciate it as much as I do...and singing along to Summer Lovin' is a MUST! ;) Any takers?!?

2 comments:

  1. Why am I not in Texas right now????
    I haven't heard anything about it around here.

    We might be obnoxious though quoting every line and singing every song, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to see it today with my sister...LOVED it as much or more than I always have!! There's just something about seeing it on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete