...and Veggies from the food co-op, Urban Acres, we joined a couple weeks ago! We skipped what would've been our first pick up because we were leaving town a few days later so we picked up our first bin of produce today. I love knowing the food is grown locally and most likely tended to by hard working people. Not to mention, it just tastes better! Having grown up with a grandfather and great grandfather who were amazing gardeners makes me appreciate the hard work that goes into growing delicious and nutritious produce. Some of my favorite meals were created from only what came out of the garden. Large, vine ripe, juicy tomatoes sliced thick with a little salt sprinkled on them. Purple hull peas picked and canned right away. My grandmother cans peas like nobody's business and they are DElish...some of you have shared in her delectable talent with me over the years. :) Okra, squash and zucchini always served with a side of my grandmother's corn bread and some iced tea. You can't get a better meal than that!
Off to see what I can create with my bin of treasures...
BEAUTIFUL, Tonya!! Enjoy the bounty!
ReplyDeleteThose peas are like nobody's business! I love those peas. Can't wait to hear about what yumminess insues.
ReplyDeleteYUM!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope to be home some summer to get fresh veggies!
Wow! That all looks wonderful!
ReplyDelete