Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Confession

Ok, so here I am a grown woman whose favorite movie as of late is geared toward an 8 to 10 year old girl! Not sure what that says about me...pretty sure that I don't care. :) But on our vacation a couple of weeks ago we borrowed the American Girl movie, Kit Kittredge, from guest services. Over the course of our time there we watched it a couple times, acted it out more than that and discussed it during dinner on several occasions. So what do I love about it so much? I love that our whole family can watch and enjoy it together. I love the values of friendship, loyalty, contentment, determination and honesty that it portrays. I love how it highlights believing the best in others, enduring hardship with an attitude of hopefulness, not to mention the persistence, courage and bravery of the central character. I love that it is realistic and shows some real hardships and difficult things yet it shows different ways people can choose to deal with that. This little movie has prompted several great discussions with my son about character, integrity and attitude. So, as you can imagine I was more than happy to spend the $6 at TJMaxx to purchase the movie (I'd been too cheap...um, I mean thrifty...to buy it for more at other places but was delighted to stumble upon it when buying a Father's Day gift at the bargain store). Oh, it also has a great cast! Julia Ormond, Chris O'Donnell, Stanley Tucci and Joan Cusack, who never fails to entertain me. :) So, if you haven't seen it and need some entertainment that's out of the heat it's 100 minutes I don't think you'll regret. If you don't share my appreciation for it, at the very least you can grab a few winks. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Tonya! Dwayne has been reading the Kit Kittredge series to the kids at night! We just checked out the last one today. Cindy gave us this movie sometime last year. We started to watch it at one time but never was able to get into it due to distractions, etc. I think we will watch it when we are finished with the last book. We do love Kit! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love all the American Girl movies...quality fun! And Kit is my favorite era...love her clothes and accessories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just might have to. But then CO'D makes me stumble...

    ReplyDelete