Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 30

So, day thirty of my 30/30 Challenge came and went over the weekend. It was rather anti-climatic. But I did want to let you all know after my last post about wanting to quit, I ended up getting back on the horse. I think just voicing my waning desire gave me the much needed boost of motivation I was missing. I did skip another day or so here and there which would normally tempt me to see the whole thing as a failure. However, I'm learning that less than perfection does not equal failure. This challenge not only accomplished the purpose of getting me back into a more consistent exercise routine but helped me grapple with this whole perfectionistic mindset I tend to have about certain areas of my life. A mindset that very often leaves me FEELING like I'm coming up short and robs me of so much joy along the way. If I throw out or discount everything in my life that isn't done perfectly, well, that's about 99.9% of my life, folks! So, although it's been difficult for me to consider this a success because I didn't do it perfectly I will take the liberty to declare it a success nonetheless.
Baby steps, right? :)

2 comments:

  1. It WAS a success!!!! :) Good job, Tonya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a success. I am like you though. When I miss a day or so I tend to give up and feel like a failure. Less than perfection does not equal failure..... I have to repeat that to myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete