Nonetheless, none of that is really my point. Today was a really good day IS my point! Not because it was Valentine's Day per se but because it was filled with some of my favorite things. The morning started off with Andy distributing his little V-day trinkets to the kiddos. Little girl was beside herself that Daddy got her jewelry (plastic heart necklace w/matching bracelet)! She insisted on leaving it on for church, which afforded great worship and a thought provoking message on Biblical love (more on this later). Upon leaving church we headed for one of our favorite brunch places that is reserved for semi-special occasions. After brunch Little buddy had a friend over to play and then I took them to see a production of the following:
It was a blast to watch two little boys on the edge of their seats, completely captivated by the actors and constantly asking, "Are they REAL pirates?!". We came home for some more playing since our little friend's mommy was in the hospital having just given birth to her 3rd little boy! As I baked treats and assembled goody bags for tomorrow's school Valentine Party (delayed b/c of snow) I absolutely delighted in, not only what I was doing, but also in hearing them giggle and play while Andy watched the olympics and baby girl napped. As dinner time rolled around we decided to make a quick, easy but delicious dinner (thanks to Sprout's amazing sale items this week! check out their ad here). Steak, crab legs, baked potatoes and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert! It was just a fun time together at the table as we ate and exchanged cards. Andy had a surprise for me from James Avery...a new charm for my charm bracelet and all the charms that used to be "loose" now affixed to my bracelet. I'm most impressed that he got all that out of my jewelry box without me noticing. :)
So, for a girl who's been running pretty low lately, today was a much needed tank filler. I'm still not overflowing but some definite filling today. And maybe that's what Valentine's Day is all about anyway and not my perception of all that "mushy love stuff" (Can anybody name that movie?!).
Yea! I am glad you had such a good day!
ReplyDeleteOh, yea! What a fun day!
ReplyDeleteRemember when we hosted a party on V Day in Orlando? I still have the red lights we strung out on the porch.