Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday Nights

Random tidbit: I LOVE Thursday nights!! For as long as I can remember I have loved Thursday nights. In high school it was the eve of Friday. Fridays filled with Pep-Rallies, Spirit Days, Football games and Sock Hops. Then in college, it was still the most fun night of the week. A typical Thursday night was filled w/Campus Crusade activities followed by everyone gathering at Gatti's or going country dancing until wee hours in the morning. And come to think of it, post college looked much the same for 6 or 7 years as I worked w/CCC and college students. Different places, different people but still the fun of gathering with good friends having loads of fun. And have you noticed that Thursday nights have historically been a great TV night?! As far back as The Cosby Show, skipping quite a few years to ER...and wasn't Survivor on Thursday nights in the early days?! Now, it's Grey's Anatomy that I look forward to. There's something about the week winding down that gives me a big sigh on Thursday night. So, with one kiddo down and the sound of the garage door ushering in the other...I better run. I have some Grey's to watch in a while!

4 comments:

  1. And, I love Thursday nights with you.
    BTW, Survivor is still on Thursday nights. :-) Season 20 starts in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if Survivor left Thursday nights, I would cry. that timeslot has brought a sense of stability to my life over the years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin and Aimee, I was thinking last night after I wrote how much fun we had watching Survivor at y'all's apt. Aimee...ahhh such fun Thurs. night memories! And it's STILL a great night at our house...the one night we count on to curl up on the couch afer the kids are down and take a deep breath. But somewhere along the way, I lost the Survivor trance! :) Maybe I need to give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T, this Thursday at 8 is the pre-show for this next season that starts next week. Watch and see what you think. It's the 20th season so it is an all-stars one.
    Colby is back. Need I say more? Andy, that's for me and not for T.

    ReplyDelete