Thursday, January 27, 2011
Brotherly Love
I LOVE watching my son love his little sister. He is extremely protective of her, so tender with her and they can laugh together like nobody's business. He often helps her, teaches her things and even tries to keep her out of trouble. They are finally at the age where they can play together and even enjoy doing a few of the same things. Now, he is still your typical almost 6yr. old boy and sometimes gets annoyed with her and says he thinks she's boring because she can't play certain things with him but when it comes down to it, he simply adores her. I can't even remember what happened yesterday but some act of tenderness beyond his years made my heart swell up with gratitude and a desperate prayer that their relationship would be preserved over the years. There really aren't adequate words so I thought I'd share a few pics that capture their sweet relationship.
Meeting her for the first time. I remember being astounded that this 3 1/2 year old bundle of energy approached her so gently and was enamored with her from that moment on.
There are no words!
After his first day of Kindergarten. He missed her SO much!!
Helping her get her shoes on the wrong feet! :)
Joining Little Miss in her bed for book time.
And finally, at their pretend "wedding" (planned by the groom) where they danced and sang. He insists he's going to marry her when he grows up. We assure him he'll change his mind someday! But for now we know that simply means he loves her more than any other girl in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love love this post...and the photos are soooo wonderful. Sam and Katie have always had this sweet relationship too and now that they are "tweens" they aggravate each other a lot and are competitive with each other. I hope it's just a stage!!
ReplyDeleteI love the second picture!! I hope you have that framed. :)
ReplyDelete