Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Want to QUIT!!!

Ok, so this is the point in my 30/30 Challenge where I want to throw in the towel. The place where had I not mentioned it to you all I'd decide it was a dumb idea and bag the whole thing. I am tired. For a variety of reasons just tired to the core. I missed a day of exercise the other day simply because I genuinely could not muster the energy to do it. There have been quite a few days in this little journey that I've not wanted to push myself but dug deep and did it anyway. But that particular day it just wasn't happening. Because this is simply a way to get me back into my rhythym of a consistent exercise routine and not about being legalistic I cut myself some slack. BUT today I just want to QUIT!!! Let's just say those aspirations of turning the love/hate thing around are quickly fading. :) Now I know this little personal challenge, in the big scheme of life, is insignificant but can you share any ways you've persevered when you wanted to call it quits?

2 comments:

  1. girl, you have to exercise in the way that you love. You said that you loved hiking and biking...is there any state parks nearby?? load up your kiddos and go for a walk in the beauty and enjoy! Is there a lake with a pretty path around it that you can go bike? As long as you are "moving", isn't that good enough? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it!! The needing to exercise in a way that I love, I mean. Living in the middle of the city, I've wrestled with finding what that is that can be incorporated into everyday life. When we go out to East Texas, I'm moving all day...riding my bike, walking for miles in the woods. I'm telling ya...I need to move to the country!! And in the meantime keep experimenting with what works for me here. Thanks for the encouragement, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete