Sunday, May 2, 2010

30 for 30 Challenge


Exercise + Me = Love/Hate relationship. I love how I feel AFTER exercising, love the rejuvenation my body feels, the clarity my mind experiences and the feeling of accomplishment I get from doing it. But for some reason I still hate that initial getting to the gym and even the actual process of exercising. I wish I lived in a way that more exercise was incorporated into my lifestyle. Maybe I should move to the mountains! I love to hike, bike, canoe, etc. where there is much enjoyment along the way and doesn't feel so much like exercise. But since that's not the case guess I'd better come up with another plan, huh?
I've exercised most of my adult life on a fairly consistent basis but definitely go in and out of HOW consistently I do it. I"m more of an event kind of person...would much rather cook for an occasion than for every night, am far more motivated by an end in sight and something to work toward than just doing something for the sake of doing it. Do you see how this presents a problem when it comes to exercising? And honestly up to this point in life my body stayed the same whether I exercised or not. Unfortunately, with a significant birthday coming up next year that is no longer the case. And although I'm not completely unhappy with my appearance I do wonder if I'm the best I can be (within reason, of course).
As a way to challenge myself and get me back into a more consistent routine with my exercise I've decided to do a 30 for 30 Challenge. Sounds official, huh? Actually I just made it up! :) I've decided that I will do some type of exercise at least 30minutes a day for 30 consecutive days (May1st-30th) and just see what happens. I'm telling y'all so I don't secretly wimp out and tell myself it was a dumb idea in the first place and quietly bail. :) And at the end of all this I want to have someone to celebrate with if I actually succeed! I'm not counting on the love/hate thing to dissipate but one can dream, right?

5 comments:

  1. go for it, Tonya!!! I'm cheering you on from the comfort of my bed...lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh SO hard, Aimee!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far so good, Leigh! Haven't missed a day yet. I have noticed I'm a lot hungrier though. :)

    ReplyDelete