Sunday, February 28, 2010

A New Favorite


Last night my sweet husband not only endured but actually suggested that we watch Julie and Julia. He's heard me say several times that I'd like to see it. So clearly the recommendation had everything to do with him wanting to serve ME. I can't really see him thinking about how much HE'd like to see that movie! The thought of that actually makes me laugh out loud right this very minute. So where was I, anyway, when it was at the theater?! I can't remember exactly when it came out but I remember wanting to see it then. And I remember saying about 1,000 more times that I wanted to see it. I found it to be surprising and delightful and sweet and warm and the perfect movie for my not so perfect mood last night. And I must confess that today when I was getting ahead on my cooking for the week I put on my cutest apron and had to talk myself out of going to put on my pearls! :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! you are so cute :) that movie is so fun and i always feel re-inspired in the kitchen. Meryl was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the ONE movie I did see in the theater in the last year! Maybe one of two. I really am surprised you didn't see it then.
    Regardless, of course you loved it! Don't spoil the movie/book by hearing what happened in real life since then though...

    ReplyDelete