

I chose this delicate Strawberry with amazing cream cheese icing:

After our cupcakes were neatly boxed up we scouted out the perfect spot to enjoy our deliciousness together! Little guy picked a GREAT corner with a sofa and two chairs just his size arranged perfectly around a coffee table. This quaint little corner happened to be in a quaint little sandwich shop adjoining the bakery. I've passed this place a thousand times and always wondered what The Corner Market was like. It is the cutest sandwich shop/deli with a flower shop tucked in the back to boot! It reminds me of a place where your sandwich would be wrapped up in brown paper and tied with twine. They had a wide variety of unique bottled sodas, chips and one case with pasta salads and such; another filled with truffles and chocolates. They also serve breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays! And did I mention the flower shop in the back?! I saw the most vibrant, happy bouquets being carried out of there in those 30minutes of enjoying with my little guy. We laughed and talked about his day and even danced while we devoured the cakes. That icing on the PBCC cake...oh my! It was like peanut butter fudge with chocolate chips...super decadent but so worth it. The only thing sweeter was seeing my son's spirit soar and his tank being filled up by our time together celebrating his success(he's my quality time guy). And in the process we stumbled upon a fabulous trio of fun finds!
How fun!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd, I know this was not about the cupcakes but you know that would be the last dessert I'd ever choose and those look amazing!
Well, I'm not exactly sure WHAT it was about...the cupcakes, the fun time we had and the surprise of The Corner Market! I was kind of all over the place. :) I think we'll go to TCM for either breakfast or lunch tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWEnt to TCM for lunch date w/Andy Saturday...not NEARLY as quaint as weekday afternoon...crazy busy instead. Still very enjoyable but completely different atmosphere.
ReplyDelete