Thursday, March 18, 2010

Code Yellow

Y'all know that I LOVE Target. Love the selection of stationery, home organizing stuff, seasonal items, clothes, accessories, books, toys, etc. You know those little games where they ask you if you had to shop at only one store forever what would it be? Hands down my answer would be Target. Especially since having kiddos, I think I get most everything there from groceries to outfitting the whole family at times. I seriously think we could live on only what we can get there. BUT that's not why I'm loving Target today. I actually had the biggest scare of my life there this week...I lost my child. And when I say lost, I mean L-O-S-T. LONG story as to how it all happened but let's just say there were lots of tears shed and not just by the 5yr. old involved! However, I was MOST impressed with how Target handled the situation. It was like watching a well rehearsed re-con operation in action. After searching for several minutes on my own and as panic started setting in, I told an employee I could not find my son. She promptly spoke into her walkie talkie saying, "Code Yellow, Code Yellow, Code Yellow". Immediately droves of red shirted employees came pouring out of the "employees only" areas to block the exit doors and comb the store inside and OUT for my child. Even as I type I tear up all over again. It was truly the scariest 10 minutes of my life. My mind was going all sorts of places and all I kept thinking is, "My son could truly be gone. GONE!". I know, a bit irrational but in the situation it seemed a real possibility. After what seemed like an eternity, but was actually only a few minutes, my sobbing son was escorted to me by three Target employees as another employee waited with me the whole time making sure I was ok. Needless to say, I've never been more thrilled to see my child! There were lots of hugs and a quick exit to get ourselves back together. But once I regained some composure I was struck with how well they handled the situation. So the moral of the story is...if you're gonna lose your child, Target is the place to do it! Just kidding. :) Actually, it's to say THANK YOU Target for your careful planning and preparation for such situations...yet another reason to love you even more!

3 comments:

  1. Poor little Drew! I am sure he was so scared. How terrifing that must have been Tonya! I am so glad that he was returned safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that and they still didn't have the shoes!
    That merits a letter to the big dogs... want some help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! That is scary... but how impressive how the staff knew just what to do! ~ kim

    ReplyDelete